Navigation Home Blogroll Reviews Contest Challenges RAK

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Judging A Book By It's Cover Challenge (#2)





 Judging A Book by It's Cover,   is a weekly challenge that will be held every Wednesday, but you can complete at your own pace.

The gist of it I will go to my To Be Read on Goodreads and pick a book solely on it's cover.  You can pick from books at home, shelfari, amazon, goodreads, etc. 

 At one point I read the synopsis so feel confident of the books in my TBR are ones I would enjoy, however for some reason I have not picked it up since adding it.

I will post the cover of the book with my initial thoughts on what I think it will be without rereading the synopsis. Once I have finished the book, I will write the review and compare review to cover. I think this is an interesting type of challenge and could be a lot of fun. Plus it gives me a chance to tackle books that either caught my eye or the cover has turned me off and I have not given a chance.

This week I am chosing:
A Date with the Other Side (Cuttersville, #1)

Initial Thoughts: My guess is it is two total opposites coming together and falling in love.  Perhaps one is a chic person and the other a blue collar worker.  The cover doesn't give you much to work with. 

Last weeks results
Dangerous Secrets by Lisa Marie Rice

If you would like to participate here are the rules:

Fill out the Linky tool to include your blog, if you do not have a blog leave a comment with your selection:

Choose your book cover.
Post your initial thoughts on what the book will be.
Review and post your thoughts on how it compared to the cover.



2 comments:

  1. You're right, this cover's a little tricky. Not much to go by, but I do enjoy a good opposites attract romance :0)
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this idea though I can already tell you if you were to shelve my book on TBR, other than those eyes haunting you, I can't imagine why you'd pick it up again--the eyes ARE a critical part of the story but you'd have NO clue from the cover.

    Still, I like this challenge idea. Sounds fun! Might be more food for thought for my Indie Author self than my Voracious Reader self, too :)

    -Friday
    @phoenicianbooks

    ReplyDelete