Navigation Home Blogroll Reviews Contest Challenges RAK

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Georgia On My Mind by Marie Force

Georgia On My MindGeorgia On My Mind by Marie Force
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Georgia Quinn has returned home to Newport, Rhode Island to settle her mother's estate. Realizing it is is going to take longer than she had hoped she takes a leave of absence from her job in Atlanta. As each day passes a piece of her old life unravels, her now ex-boyfriend breaks up with her, her job is teetering, and her "jogger stalking victim" has inserted himself into her life. Georgia does admit that Nathan is a highlight and looks even better in person than in his jogging gear, but she doesn't plan to remain in Newport and doesn't want to get attached, Nathan doesn't plan to let her go.

This is actually three stories rolled into one. Georgia is the main story but there is also Cat and Ian and Tess and Ben. Tess and Ben I actually liked the best, Ben is a wounded veteran who is struggling to adapt to his new life. Tess is an abused woman on the run holding secrets. Cat is the owner of a music club and Ian is a single father, I had a hard time wrapping my head around this one because Cat is kind of a brat.

If the story had been just Tess and Ben I probably would have given it 4 or 5 stars. I found myself wanting to hit Georgia on the head, Nathan loves her and she is obstinate and kind of whiney about it. It had some great parts to the story too but there was a lot going on.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment