Navigation Home Blogroll Reviews Contest Challenges RAK

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Book Cover Love: The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong

The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1)I picked up this book solely because of the cover, I like the burst of red and the way you see a hint of the main character, but leaves you with enough mystery that you can conjure up your own images. 

The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Chloe is your average fifteen your old teenager, until the day her body changes and she beings seeing ghosts. Sent away to the Lyle House to treat what she has been diagnosed with "seeing things that aren't there". Chloe finds the house holds secrets of it's own and as she begins to get to know the other teens at the house she finds they have more in common than she thinks.

A fantastic read, difficult to put down.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Great review, I loved this book as well. It was written very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this book; it has been a few years since I read it, but it was, as you said, hard to put down. But to be honest, the cover isn't my favorite--it's not bad, just not "oh my gorgeous!" either. :)

    Enjoy,
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete