Navigation Home Blogroll Reviews Contest Challenges RAK

Friday, December 9, 2011

TGIF Friday @ GReads


TGIF at GReads! {41}

Who's ready for the weekend?! I know I am! I'm introducing a new(ish) feature for Fridays to re-cap the week's posts & to propose a question for my followers. Feel free to get involved by linking up at the bottom. If not, I'd love to read your responses in the comments. Thanks!


This Friday's Question:
Book to Movie: Which book turn movie do you feel did the best adaptation? What about the worst?
Best: Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier
How do you take a story where one of the main characters has no name and translate it into a spine chilling mystery? Hire Alfred Hitchcock.
This is one of my all time favorite books and movies. It's edgy, seductive, original. Even though it is dated it still holds up as one of the best movies I have seen. Laurence Olivier and Joan Fontaine are perfect in their roles and the supporting cast is brilliant.
.Worst: Congo by Michael Crichton
I loved this book, it was one of those books you pick up and than hours later you have finished it. I was so excited they were making it into a movie, this was one of those I ran out to on opening night anxiously waiting to see a favorite book translated on the big screen. The best thing I can say about that experience they still sold Kit Kats at the theater and the popcorn was fresh. They took a fantastic story and drizzled it with easy cheese,


If you'd like to join TGIF on your blog, link-up below:



(Submissions close in 2d 15h 38m)
Link tool by inlinkz.com

3 comments:

  1. I love Rebecca by du Maurier, too, though I've never seen the movie. Guess I should. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, worst movie adaptation was Watership Down. One of my all time favorite books, but it did not translate into film. This was not a children's book and the animated film was a little childish for my taste. Best adaptation IMHO, Clockwork Orange. It was so weird, who knew if it strayed or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched Rebecca and read the book year's ago, so long ago I can't even really remember what happened, great blog, new follower

    www.headstuckinabook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete