Navigation Home Blogroll Reviews Contest Challenges RAK

Saturday, December 31, 2011

In His Own Defense by Ann Jacobs

In His Own Defense (Lawyers in Love, #1)In His Own Defense by Ann Jacobs
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Kristine's whole life has revolved around her becoming a lawyer and putting away drug dealers who prey on the innocent. Kristine's sister overdosed and with the haunting memories of her death, she has no remorse when it comes to anyone affiliated with drugs. When her newest trial begins she finds herself up against one of the best defense attorney's out there, Tony Landry.

From the moment Tony sees Kristine in the courtroom, he knows there is something special about her. With her disdain for who he represents, Tony knows he will have to fight to keep her and if there is one thing Tony is good at it is presenting a winning argument.

At first I was not sure I was going to like this book, however midway in I couldn't put it down. I liked Tony, you know he has found the one but for a high profile lawyer he has a hard time showing his vulnerability but is more than willing to show it to Kristine. Kristine battles with herself over where her loyalties lie, has some interesting twists and an enjoyable read filled with scorching chemistry.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed IN HIS OWN DEFENSE! I've just begun a new series spun off from this one. It's called Courthouse Connection, and Tony is a major secondary character in the first book, TOO HOT TO KILL. Look for it in the next few months from Ellora's Cave. Meanwhile, if you've missed the other four books in my Lawyers in Love series, they're all very good buys now at Ellora's Cave and major online booksellers!

    Thank you for the kind comments.

    ReplyDelete