Navigation Home Blogroll Reviews Contest Challenges RAK

Friday, December 2, 2011

Follow Friday




It is also required, that if you participate you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) and the two Feature blogs.

Question: What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to books? Maybe you don't like love triangles or thin plots? Tell us about it!

 

My biggest pet peeve...when the cover is different from the actual book.  I just read a story where the lead woman has black hair, but the cover is a blond woman.  It drives me nuts.  I tend to look at the cover if I am trying to visualize the characters and it is not clicking for me right away.

 

My second pet peeve is when the names switch in the middle of a story and than revert back, I have had this happen a few times.

 

Lastly, on the pet peeves when it comes to plot whiny heroines, ones who keep repeating the same thing page after page after page but maybe with a twist of words. I could see it happening once, even twice but through out the story it becomes draggy.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Em, hopping through. As a fan of cover art, I agree with you. They have to match the story!

    The Overnight Bestseller
    http://michaeljmccannsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by the blog. Good answer! The cover HAS to match. Followed back.:o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when the cover's different too. I always look at it in the beginning and picture the characters that way, so it's annoying when they're not the same at all. Great answer!

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I agree with you. I know it shouldn't be that way, but I do judge a book by its cover. Also, repetition drives me crazy too!

    Thanks for stopping by and for the follow, which I just retured!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree about the covers! I like when a book cover relates to the story in some way!

    Jesse
    Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, it's pretty bad when the cover art can't match the descriptions of the characters inside the book.

    ReplyDelete