Navigation Home Blogroll Reviews Contest Challenges RAK

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Judging A Book By It's Cover Challenge (#9)

udging A Book by It's Cover, is a weekly challenge that will be held every Wednesday, but you can complete at your own pace. 

The gist of it I will go to my To Be Read on Goodreads and pick a book solely on it's cover. You can pick from books at home, shelfari, amazon, goodreads, etc. 

At one point I read the synopsis so feel confident of the books in my TBR are ones I would enjoy, however for some reason I have not picked it up since adding it.

I will post the cover of the book with my initial thoughts on what I think it will be without rereading the synopsis. Once I have finished the book, I will write the review and compare review to cover. I think this is an interesting type of challenge and could be a lot of fun. Plus it gives me a chance to tackle books that either caught my eye or the cover has turned me off and I have not given a chance.


This week I am choosing:
The Knight and Maggie's Baby 



Initial Thoughts:  Looks to me like a runaway bride story.  The title is fun and I like the b/w photography. Looks contemporary but the Knight thing has me thrown off as I would this would normally be a word associated to historical titles.


Lycan It by S.K. Rule
The Edge of Night by Marla Monroe
Double Jeopardy by Rachel Bo
Comfort Object by Annabel Joseph
Crescendo by Kaitlin Maitland
Hell Yeah, by Carolyn Brown
Dangerous Secrets by Lisa Marie Rice
A Date With The Other Side by Erin McCarthy

If you would like to participate here are the rules:

Post a comment and include your blog link, if you do not have a blog leave a comment with your selection:

Choose your book cover.
Post your initial thoughts on what the book will be.
Review and post your thoughts on how it compared to the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment