Navigation Home Blogroll Reviews Contest Challenges RAK

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Judging A Book By It's Cover (#11)

Judging A Book by It's Cover, is a weekly challenge that will be held every Wednesday, but you can complete at your own pace. 

The gist of it I will go to my To Be Read on Goodreads and pick a book solely on it's cover. You can pick from books at home, shelfari, amazon, goodreads, etc. 

At one point I read the synopsis so feel confident of the books in my TBR are ones I would enjoy, however for some reason I have not picked it up since adding it.

I will post the cover of the book with my initial thoughts on what I think it will be without rereading the synopsis. Once I have finished the book, I will write the review and compare review to cover. I think this is an interesting type of challenge and could be a lot of fun. Plus it gives me a chance to tackle books that either caught my eye or the cover has turned me off and I have not given a chance.


This week I am choosing:
Tempting the Beast (Breeds #1)


Initial Thoughts:  I will admit (hanging my head down in shame) I have had this on my kindle for a long time, but every time I go to read it I can't get past the cover.  I don't know why, I love Lora Leigh but the cover doesn't capture my attention.  So I am hoping this proves my whole judging a book by it's cover is not always is the best thing to do, which I tend to do a lot.


If you would like to participate here are the rules:

Post a comment and include your blog link, if you do not have a blog leave a comment with your selection:

Choose your book cover.
Post your initial thoughts on what the book will be.
Review and post your thoughts on how it compared to the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment