Navigation Home Blogroll Reviews Contest Challenges RAK

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Judging a Book By It's Cover Results (#10)

Hourglass (Hourglass, #1)

Initial Thoughts:  I frankly have no idea, but I know it is a young adult.  I love this cover, think it is fantastic.  


Results:  The cover makes total sense once you figure out the story.  I don't want to take anything away from revealing too much because it is refreshingly different and deserves to be read without the whole plot reveal.









Hourglass (Hourglass, #1)Hourglass by Myra McEntire
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Emerson Cole knows she is different, what average seventeen year old sees the dead from different times in history? As her sightings progressively get worse, her brother finds a new solution, a group called Hourglass that has experience with the unusual. Emerson is about to open herself into a new world of the unexplained and the center of some new attention from several different sources.

Without giving to much of this plot away, it was like a complicated puzzle that pieces begin to fit but there is still more that needs to pieced together as it goes along. I found myself pulled into this unique story and I was torn on how it all played out because I wanted so much for Emerson to find herself without any consequences. Beautifully written and eager to read the next book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment