Navigation Home Blogroll Reviews Contest Challenges RAK

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Judging A Book By It's Cover Results #9



This week I am chose:



The Knight and Maggie's Baby 



Initial Thoughts:  Looks to me like a runaway bride story.  The title is fun and I like the b/w photography. Looks contemporary but the Knight thing has me thrown off as I would this would normally be a word associated to historical titles.


Results: This was a story about a marriage bargain to help the hero keep something important to him.  He is a knight though which was an interesting twist. The Knight and Maggie's BabyThe Knight and Maggie's Baby by Lisa Mondello
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Jonah Wallace needs a wife, the woman who was supposed to help him out of his current pickle left him at the last moment. Needing a phone and a breath from the sultry sun, he heads into the cafe across the street, not knowing he is about to find a solution to his problem.

Maggie Bonelli expected to close early, but when Jonah walks in looking like he needs a stiff drink she treats him with a pie and cup of coffee instead. Forming a quick friendship, Jonah proposes to Maggie explaining he needs a wife for a year with no strings attached. Maggie pregnant just wants her child to have something she never had, a fathers name. Maggie agrees but finds it is harder to keep it strictly platonic with Jonah who seems to be struggling with it as well. Can they both admit their feelings before the end of the year is up?

Sweet story, I liked it my only complaint is the chemistry didn't develop as much as I would have liked. I think had it been longer it would have come full circle, but it was a fun story none the less.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment