Navigation Home Blogroll Reviews Contest Challenges RAK

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Taking Shots by Toni Aleo

Taking Shots (Assassins #1)Taking Shots by Toni Aleo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Hockey star Shea Adler has a reputation as a playboy who runs through women quicker than changing his socks, although he has reformed his ways his reputation proceeds him making it hard for others to see past it. When he meets photographer Elli Fisher his emotions overwhelm him, the woman before him is unlike any he has dated and her eyes mesmerize him instantly. Shea knows within minutes in Elli's presence he wants to see her again, but the shy Elli has him befuddled on how to get close.

Elli has not dated in six years, her ex had done a number on her both physically and emotionally. Having struggled with her weight and years of harsh teasing by her family, Elli can't understand what Shea sees in her even though their time together has her happier than she has been in forever.

I thoroughly enjoyed this story, Elli has major self esteem issues and Shea is with her every step of the way. I did find Elli sometimes would get irrational but I think it stems back to her fears of acceptance. Really good read.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Great review!! I have this in my TBR pile also. This whole series sounds really good!! Can't wait to read.

    ReplyDelete