Navigation Home Blogroll Reviews Contest Challenges RAK

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Sound Bites: A Rock & Roll Love Story by Rachel K. Burke

Sound Bites: A Rock & Roll Love StorySound Bites: A Rock & Roll Love Story by Rachel K. Burke
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Renee Evans was happy with the life she was leading with her best friend by her side, dream job, and boyfriend she thought she had it all, until she walked in on her best friend and boyfriend in bed. Moving back to Boston was a humbling experience, Renee begins to take a long look at her life past, present and future and wonders where it will lead.

After a few unpleasant bump in's with neighbor Dylan Cavallari, she discovers the man sings like her favorite rock star. Dylan is shy about performing in front of others, but begins to find comfort in his time with Renee. As they discover they have moved from friendship to something more, they both have to wade through issues from their past if they want any future at all.

I am not exactly sure how I feel about this one, I didn't love it but I didn't hate it. I thought Renee was pushy in the beginning with Dylan and got so mad at him, I just didn't see the connection or get the feeling as to why. I liked the overall concept but there were other things that left me scratching my head. I did feel the author made a realistic setting and visually I could imagine everything in the story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment