Navigation Home Blogroll Reviews Contest Challenges RAK

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tuesday Theme Day: Ugly Duckling Stories

I love a good makeover story, it gets me giddy and of course has me wanting to revamp myself if the story is good.  Sometimes the heroine finds herself completely revamped into a stunning beauty while other times she only finds what was inside her the whole time. 

A few of my favorites
The Ugly DucklingTake Me (Take Me #1)Plain Jane And The Playboy (Silhouette Special Edition, #1946)Bridget Jones's Diary (Bridget Jones, #1)

Review from The Ugly Duckling, my favorite out of the choices.
The Ugly Duckling by Iris Johansen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When Nell Calder witnesses the death of her daughter, she wishes only to die with her, but Nicholas Tanek who was there to protect her won't let it happen. Nell has spent her whole life as a plain jane living behind a frumpy facade. Nell gets a new lease on life getting a complete transformation along the way, the only goal in her sights is revenge on the man who destroyed her family.

One of my favorite books. Nell is determined to not let anything stand in her way. A roller coaster ride of a story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment