Navigation Home Blogroll Reviews Contest Challenges RAK

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Wolf Sirens: Forbidden by Tina Smith Book Tour





Wolf Sirens: Forbidden
by Tina Smith

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BLURB:

When Lila unwillingly moves to the country town of Shade, she can’t imagine the life-altering events that lie in wait for her. Shade has a curfew and has always been surrounded by myths. A central feature of the town is its famous statue of Artemis, Goddess of the Hunt, whose spirit is said to protect the innocent.

Lila falls in with a group of intriguing teenagers with luminescent eyes and soon she is drawn into the shadowlands of fantasy and reality, where destiny collides.

A mysterious local girl, Cresida, warns her to stay away, but Lila is drawn to them like a moth to a flame.

Cresida knows their fatal secret and she is honour-bound to protect those who are endangered. But she underestimates Lila’s passion for the mysterious and charismatic clan of youths. Lila begins to feel a call she cannot ignore. Yet her heart is filled with vulnerable desires that begin to turn the underworld upside down, for both hunter and hunted, as she learns they have been waiting for her…

Inspired by the legend of the mythical femme fatale, Wolf Sirens is an intimate tale of unrequited and forbidden love in the underworld, a masterpiece of romance fantasy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excerpt:

He placed his arms over me without hesitation, before it was necessary, as he listened to Sam’s instructions. It felt odd standing there, his hands on my waist, burning holes through my skin like lava. I barely heard Sam’s instructions. I felt I would burn up into ash and fall in a pile on the floor.

He asked, “Tell me if I start to hurt you, okay?”

He looked into my eyes with blazing blue green irises. I nodded, not knowing if I could speak. He had never addressed me directly before. His touch was nearly more than I could bear; my heart began to pound out of my chest. Surely he could hear the blood throbbing in my body. I began to shake, he lifted me much too slowly and with complete ease. I started to panic. I wobbled and shook trying to maintain the pose. I wavered unsteadily on his shoulder and I almost fell, though he held me tight in his grip. Bianca jumped in to help catch me as I slipped. Sky had grabbed me with one hand as I fell. Bianca steadied me with strong hands, I was against his body - now I was hot, my cheeks scorched.

Review:

Lila moves into the small town of Shade expecting a new start but not sure which way it will go, after all she is the new girl.  It doesn’t take long before she is questioning the motives of her new found friends or the mysterious issues surrounding the  local wolfs.  As she becomes deeply immersed in the lives of unique teenagers she begins questioning everything she knows to be true, especially when another girl continues to warn her away.

Wolf Sirens was a mixture of paranormal and mythology, the legend of Artemis leads for an intriguing read.  I liked the way this was paced, you are not sure what the secrets each of the teens is keeping or what their interest in Lila, but as it unfolds the book is impossible to put down.  I can’t wait until the next book in the series, it looks to be an exceptional series.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR Bio and Links:

Tina Smith is an herbalist, dog lover, Piscean and mother with a fondness for strong female protagonists. A love of the fantasy genre and the deep exploration of dark and evocative subjects inspired Wolf Sirens Forbidden. The sequel Fever further unfolds the tale of the heroine femme fatal, on her journey in the underworld between the lands of myth and reality.

 “Rich, complex, and deeply fascinating. Smith’s creation stands apart from other books in the genre. Wolf Sirens has raised the bar for paranormal romance.”- Kevis Hendrickson, author of Rogue Hunter

"Smith weaves a thrilling and beautifully crafted tale that sinks its fangs in and refuses to let go."- Michael Alexander, author of The Vessel

“Fever does not disappoint! Tina Smith captures her readers on the first page and leads them on a fast-paced journey full of suspense and adventure as heroine, Lila, struggles towards the truth.” - Beverley Eikli, author of A Little Deception

Ebook Wolf Sirens Forbidden. Discover the Legend.By Tina Smith.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009GG06AS

http://www.amazon.com/Sirens-Forbidden-Discover-Legend-ebook/dp/B009GG06AS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1354969345&sr=8-2&keywords=wolf+sirens%3Aforbidden

http://www.goodreads.com/TinaSmith

Like me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wolfsirens.

The sequel Wolf Sirens Fever. Many are Born, Few are Reborn. By Tina Smith.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16120233-wolf-sirens-fever-many-are-born-few-are-reborn

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/248222

http://www.amazon.com/Wolf-Sirens-Fever-Reborn-ebook/dp/B009Z9EDQ4/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1352189289&sr=1-1&keywords=wolf+sirens+fever

Youtube Video’s

http://youtu.be/lxH8XWa5_RM

http://youtu.be/J5dkXaXXKCc

http://youtu.be/5HE-6oALPng

Tina will be awarding jewelry in theme of her book (wolf charms, charm bracelets etc), ThreeD book marks in shifter themes (Wolves, tigers, panthers etc) and Sun catchers (beaded glass and crystal) to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour.

Please leave a comment to enter.



5 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting me! Love the review. Beautifully put!
    What a nice suprise to find waiting for me after a shift at work.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness shifters are the best. the book sounds awesome,
    vera28546 at yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks vera, wolf shifter tales are even better. Thanks for the feedback.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your release! Thanks for sharing it! Sounds very good!! I have such a fascination with wolves and especially shifters! Theyre my favorite books to read! There so good! Thanks for sharing your story with us! I cant wait to read it! Have a great weekend! Best wishes and many blessings!
    shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete