Navigation Home Blogroll Reviews Contest Challenges RAK

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Open Season by Kaliana Cole

Open Season (Liberty Springs, Wyoming , # 4)Open Season by Kaliana Cole
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When Dale McCabe moves to Liberty Springs, Wyoming she looks at it as a new lease in life. At twenty four the quietly small woman has always relied on others to make her decisions, help when needed and do her best not to be friends with people who may use her. Her mother's misguided parenting have left a big sense of weariness in her young daughter, but finding out she has a brother she knows nothing about she decides it is time to make decisions for herself that will make her happy.

Mechanics Danny Blake and Jack Taylor have been best friends for years, even though they are close they know one thing, they don't like to share. When they see Dale though they realize they might have to if they want her. Dale is everything both men could hope for, she is selfless and warm and giving. Both men have reputations for their past randy behavior but both know that when it comes to Dale this is forever. Making a deal with her brother to wait until she turns twenty-five is going to test their will in every form, as Dale has decided she doesn't plan to wait until to claim what is hers.

This was a bit different than the rest of the series, it had a quieter tone. There were a few things that were left unexplained which I would have liked to see resolved, Danny was my favorite he is a big bear but when it comes to Dale he is so delicate and sweet.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how I missed this because I'm following your blog but we have so many of the same books and authors in common!!! I have this in my TBR pile. Thanks for the review!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to ask if you have ever read Sophie Oak or Heather Rainier???? Both have such great books!!

    ReplyDelete